- Will you do the statistical analysis for my
dissertation or thesis for me?
- Will you help me to do my statistics homework
- Will you do my statistics homework assignment
- What distinguishes MatStat from other
statistical consulting services?
- How many billable hours will you take to do my work?
- What's your hourly rate?
- When do I pay for the work?
- How do I pay for the work?
- Do you do unbilled work?
- What's the next step?
- What should I send you?
- How can I contact you?
1. Will you do the statistical analysis for my
dissertation or thesis for me?
Yes. We offer the following services (all optional) to Ph.D. and M.A.
- Help you to design your research to maximize the chance that you
will obtain meaningful results.
- Advise you on the logistics of collecting your data to ensure accuracy
and to reduce effort.
- Perform appropriate statistical analyses of your data and send you the
results (including the computer output).
- Write an easy-to-understand explanation of the statistical analyses we have performed.
These explanations will help you to explain and justify the analyses to your advisor,
supervisor, or committee.
- Write a formal discussion of the analyses and (when relevant)
generate publication-quality tables and graphics. This material can be
directly "pasted" into the Results section your dissertation
- Read a draft of your dissertation, thesis, or proposal for logical rigor,
completeness, and clarity of presentation. (We are very interested in
A key goal in the above work is to ensure that you have a proper
high-level understanding of the statistical ideas. We will show you
how to achieve
this understanding without the need for complicated mathematics.
2. Will you help me to do my statistics homework
Yes. We'll be pleased to give you hints to help you do your
assignment and we'll be pleased to check your work and explain where you're right or wrong. (We're sorry, but we're too busy to give free
3. Will you do my statistics homework
assignment for me?
Sorry, no. We provide a tutoring service, not a homework service.
distinguishes MatStat from other statistical consulting services?
The key distinguishing feature of MatStat is that we focus on making
the statistical ideas easy for you to understand. We do this by
discussing the statistical aspects of your work in easy-to-understand
non-mathematical terms. If you're willing
to put in reasonable time studying the material we send you, we guarantee
that you'll understand it.
5. How many billable hours will you take to do my
Here are some general estimates:
- An answer to a simple statistical question or a simple t-test
or analysis of variance with minimal explanation of the computer output
generally takes roughly one hour.
- The average amount of time we spend helping with the statistical
aspects of a Ph.D. dissertation or thesis is around fourteen hours.
- The shortest amount of time we have spent on a full data analysis and
explanation for a dissertation or thesis was four hours.
We would be pleased to send you an estimate for your work if you send
us details about your project.
6. What's your
Our hourly student rate is fully competitive with other services
offering statistics help to students. Please contact us to obtain our
7. When do I pay for the work?
The first hour's work is billed in advance to confirm that you can use
our payment system. All subsequent work
is billed on delivery of the work to you.
8. How do I pay for the
We ask students to pay for our services through PayPal, a trusted third-party payment processor
that is a subsidiary of eBay. PayPal payments to us can be charged
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards. Depending on
your country of residence, PayPal may also allow you to make payments to us from your bank account.
Payments are easily made by means of a link that we send to
you in an email. When you're ready to pay you click on the link and you're taken to the
PayPal web site where you can approve of the payment.
9. Do you do unbilled work?
With a few exceptions, once MatStat is hired all work on a client's
behalf is billable. Billable work includes correspondence, reading
journal articles sent to MatStat by the client, and telephone
conversations. MatStat occasionally does unbilled work if the
client's project or financial situation warrant such work. If you
think your project deserves unbilled assistance, please let us know.
10. What's the next step?
We recommend that you write to us
or phone us at 1-416-488-1990 and give us details about your project. We'll
reply (without charge) with a proposal how we can help.
11. What should I send you?
Please consider sending copies of the following material (if applicable):
- A description of what you would like us to do.
- Any hints, suggestions, or recommendations you have been given by
your advisor, supervisor, instructor, or committee members. (These will help us to
ensure that your work includes what your evaluators would like to see.)
- Your dissertation or thesis proposal.
- Your research questions or research hypotheses if they aren't
included in the other material you send. (If you don't have research
questions or research hypotheses, we can help you to formulate them in
accordance with your research interests.)
- Your department's or your institution's dissertation or thesis guidelines. (These
guidelines sometimes contain important information about how your statistical analyses
should be performed or reported.)
- The latest draft of your dissertation or thesis.
- Your data. (We can read most popular formats.)
- The text of your homework assignment (if you're looking for this
type of help).
- Any other documents (e.g., journal articles) that might help us to help you. (It's better to
send too much -- we will read selectively.)
12. How can I contact you?
MatStat Research Consulting Inc
1503 - 30 Greenfield Ave.
Toronto, ON M2N 6N3
Thank you for your interest in MatStat.